7000 Year Theory
THE 7,000 YEAR THEORY OF MANKIND
- One of the oldest theories dating from the earliest days of the church
- God created the heavens and earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th.
- It rationalizes that God will deal with mankind for 6 days and rest on the 7th.
- One day to the Lord is as 1,000 years. Three scriptures help support this:
- One day with the Lord is as 1,000 years
II Peter 3:8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
- The Millennium is referred to as a day of rest.
Hebrews 4: 7 – 9 “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts.” For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. There remains, then a Sabbath-rest for the people of God.
- God refers to the Millennium as 1,000 years.
Rev. 6: 20 Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for 1,000 years.
- God will deal with mankind for 6 days – 6,000 years
- God will rest on the 7th day —————- 1,000 years
Total of: 7,000 years
- By the Jewish calendar, from Creation to Jesus was 4,000 years
- That leaves: 3,000 years
- The Millennium lasts: 1,000 years
- The Age of the Church: ( from Jesus till the Rapture) 2,000 years
7. Today is 2020. We are living on borrowed time!